Upcoming Sophia Wealth Academy Events
Our commitment to education that encompasses the whole person and the context and environment in which financial decisions our made is evident by the variety of classes and topics offered in our “Wise Money Talks” Webinar Series. Please feel free to sign up to our newsletter to stay updated.
Making The Pension Decision
It is becoming increasingly difficult to manage multiple income streams from the many sources that will fund our retirement. We often change jobs and it is possible to end up with 3 or 4 different kinds and sources of pensions, not to mention government benefits.
In this “Making The Pension Decision” webinar you will learn:
- The factors involved in knowing when to start your pension
- Different options and what they mean: annuities, bridges, guarantee periods
- Survivor benefits – their costs and advantages
- Multiple stream income planning and the taxation consequences
Date: Thursday, September 17th, 2020
Negotiation: For the Lovers Not the Fighters
- What is a negotiation?
- How to prepare for a difficult conversation
- The five stages of a negotiation
- The “invisible contracts” women enter into and how to get out of them
- Managing emotions and taking back power
Date: Tuesday, September 29th, 2020
Understand what it feels like to solidly stand behind your ‘no’ and your ‘yes’ without fear, guilt, shame or anger.
Saying ‘no’ when you mean it, and ‘yes’ when you mean it, is key to clear and healthy communication in your personal, work, or business relationships.
Feel empowered as you stand strong for your best and highest good regardless of familial or cultural conditioning.
Together, we will explore and discover the virtue of healthy boundaries.
Date: Saturday, October 10th
Transitioning through Divorce
- Karen Redmond, a family lawyer and mediator will lead this highly informative overview of the legal options open to those considering transitioning out of their spousal partnerships.
- She will also look at the continuum of conflict and will touch on the various emotional and financial components of the options presented.
Date: Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
Market Update: The Art of Boring
- You will learn insight into some bottom-up, long-term investing signals to cut through the short-term noise.
Date: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020
The Yoga of Money
Even our financial wellbeing is connected to the way we hold our energy and use our body. If you don’t know where your foot is, how can you find your footing in your life?
Paying attention, mindfully aligning your body, breath, and actions are the doorway to a more fully integrated, joyful, and prosperous being.
- In this “Yoga of Money” webinar, Patricia will teach you how to apply these principles of the yogi to the everyday practice of building a joyful and successful life.